Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Monday, May 21, 2018

How Prevention Services Could Help Youth Avoid the Foster Care System

When I look back now on my family’s experiences, I realize that the child welfare system only saw our family’s trauma and hurt, our dysfunction and abnormalities. They didn’t see parents who raised me for fourteen years, who taught me the values of honesty, education, humor, and compassion. They didn’t see that my family had lost our two biggest supporters within the prior three years; including my grandmother, who died from Leukemia mere months before I was taken into the system. The system only saw a missed appointment, or a positive drug test, and seemed to assume the worst about our lives. The system removed me first, and provided services second — after the trust was broken and the damage was done.

More >> How Prevention Services Could Help Youth Avoid the Foster Care System

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You