Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Threat Of Deportation: A Trigger For Toxic Stress In Children Left Behind

On a snowy Saturday morning in January, Selvin, 13, and his mother were in the basement of the First and Summerfield United Methodist Church in New Haven, to support a friend in sanctuary. As they sat there, the boy tried to push away thoughts of how it would be when ICE came to take away his own mother, who is also under a deportation order.

“I’m going to be alone with my little brother and my dad,” Selvin said. “Sometimes I feel I don’t want to talk to anybody. I just go to my room, lock the door, and I feel depressed.”

More >> Threat Of Deportation: A Trigger For Toxic Stress In Children Left Behind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You