Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Saturday, August 25, 2012

From an Aunt

The following was submitted via the form.  The writer requests to remain anonymous.  As always, any advice would be appreciated and can be left in the comments section below.
------------
My sister had a bit of a rough patch bout a year and a half ago. She was going through post partum depression severely bad to the point that she was on medication for it. She overdosed on heroin and though her son was with her father they didn't take him into protective custody. However, she shoplifted a few items and they took him into protective custody in kenton county ky.

I was told the reason behind this was because he was not wearing socks on his feet under his sleeper. To me that makes no sense because a child does not need socks if he's wearing something over his feet. So anyways they had her doing drug tests over the course of a year and a half at this point. She has taken all of the parenting classes that tell you absolutely nothing. They even banned my nephews father from seeing him because he would not take parenting classes.

She has over come her addiction and post partum depression. So she got him back in april of 2012. Her lawyer said it was fine at that point for him to see his son. So couple months later her caseworker talked to her about closing the case the following week. My sister and her boyfriend took his son my son and my nephew to gatlinburg tn to go to dollywood. They ended up not going to dolly wood but rather visiting several museums and activities other than that. However that is not the point. The week after they returned My sister's boyfriend posted some pictures of the trip to his private listed fb account for his family. And My sister recieved a court summons because her son's father actually spent time with him and gave him an experiance that true he may forget since he is only 3 but it was a fun family vacation.  I know my son enjoyed it as did his oldest son. And now it's possible that they may remove my nephew from my sister's care again because of a family vacation.

It appalls me because my 4yr old does not know his father because he is mia and my oldest sons father is as well. I would love for my children to be able to go on a family vacation like that. I would love for their fathers to buy them even a pair of socks. And our state is complaining that my nephew's father took his son on vacation and spent well over 5 grand in the course of 4 days or so. It just sickens me that they want to take this sweet little boy away again.

My sister is doing well for herself new promotion to a supervisory position steady household no addictions unless you count cigarettes. And though we dont know what the outcome is going to be it just appalls me that this is happening. And to top it off the social worker who started this action is NOT my sisters case worker. She has never been associated with the case and we are pretty sure she went to either college or highschool with one of my cousins who's mother had temporary custody of my nephew when this first started. It's just proving to be quite difficult to prove without hiring a private investigator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You