Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Thursday, February 05, 2009

'Orphan Train' a bold, entertaining look at kids' hard lives

'Orphan Train' a bold, entertaining look at kids' hard lives

In 1854, the Rev. Charles Loring Brace and the Children's Aid Society of New York began a program of sending urban foundlings and forgotten children west to live and work with frontier families.

The orphan trains ran for more than 70 years, placing thousands of children in homes and laying the groundwork for the foster family movement.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:16 PM

    Check out this new movie, just released about the thousands of children stolen and sent to Australia and Canada. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oranges_and_Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where can u find this to watch it?

      Delete
  2. misty3:25 AM

    www.govabuse.org world wide protest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:24 PM

    I saw this movie and couldn't believe what I was watching. However, what it did for me was open my eyes and made me see the realities of homeless children. It hasn't improved since that movie was produced and I am so disgusted with our governments for allowing so much corruption. Perhaps they took lessons from that film and decided that abuse of children was the way to go, because that is what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Orphan Train in my library and I really need to watch it but I'm afraid I'll miss something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Orphan Train in my library and I really need to watch it but I'm afraid I'm going to miss something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here´s the link on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcSyP6_3j3w

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You